Helping Families Connect & Grow
Heritage Fellowship is located in McDonald, TN – a small community between Cleveland and Ooltewah in the beautiful southeast Tennessee region. Although new homes are being constructed daily, most families in the area have resided here for generations. McDonald is an ideal setting for anyone interested in leaving the busyness of their world to find a slower pace where important decisions are made with less distraction and authentic relationships are easily formed. There is no mistaking this simple and family atmosphere in our gatherings.
At Heritage Fellowship, both the music and message address the desires we all have to connect with God and to draw closer in community. Although the dress is casual, the expectation for individuals to be more aware of Father God is anything but casual. You can expect to see people with hands raised, kneeling in prayer, hugging friends, sharing testimonies, and meeting someone new each Sunday at Heritage. It is our deepest desire to encounter God through the Holy Spirit each time we gather. And if we are to make a difference in the world we must develop a) a lifestyle of sacrificial worship and b) authentic relationships with others. The bottom line is that Heritage Fellowship is a great place for all of this to happen.
What We Believe
The following descriptive statements outline the doctrinal position of our church.
- First and foremost, we are a Christian church. We believe that the church is built on the person of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The doctrines and practices of the church are based upon His teachings. We adhere to the foundational doctrines of the historic Christian faith.
- We embrace the key principles of the Protestant Reformation, which are justification by faith, the priesthood of believers, and the authority of the Bible.
- We subscribe to evangelical tenants including the inspiration and authority of the Word of God; the Trinity; the deity and virgin birth of Jesus Christ; salvation by faith in the atoning death of Christ; His bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father; the ministry of the Holy Spirit; the second coming of Christ; and the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that our loyalty to Christ compels us to live in a manner worthy of our calling as Christians. Our motive is not cold legalism but love and devotion to our Lord. The Scriptures direct us at all times to examine our own hearts. We believe in a life that is continually being formed into the Image of Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit as typified in the Book of Acts. We encourage believers to be filled with the Spirit and expect supernatural phenomena such as speaking in tongues, prophecy, divine healing, etc. to occur among us.We are committed to unity within the Body of Christ. We see ourselves as only one expression of Christ’s Body on the earth. We believe that we should endeavor to maintain the unity of the Spirit with all true believers in Christ, recognizing them as our brothers and sisters in Christ.